Our Daily Words to Live By

In Psalm 37: 5-7a states, "Commit YOUR way to the LORD; trust in HIM and HE will do this: He will make YOUR righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of YOUR cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for HIM."

As YOU browse this site, open YOUR heart to what the LORD has invited YOU to see and to experience. This site is like no other. Post the above scripture everywhere in YOUR home, car, and office. The LORD has great things to reveal to YOU. Let the experience inspire YOU in becoming HIS Woman, a PRAYER WARRIOR.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Promptings of the Holy Spirit

I have been a Christian since I was eleven years old.  My spiritual birthday was December 8th.  I remember that when I committed my life to Christ that is was the most blessed day of my life.  I also remember not quite being ready for all the teachings that Christ and the Holy Spirit would be teaching me -- training me for.  It was the start of my "Basic Combat Training" for life. 


One of the teachings that I learned was to spiritually see, listen and feel the Holy Spirit, God's messenger.  The Holy Spirit is not like anything other that YOU know, yet we co-exist with this MESSENGER.  Even not being a Christian, the MESSENGER is still prompting YOU and nudging YOU to the fellowship of the LORD.  These promptings and nudgings are what I like to explain to YOU as INTUITION. 

We as women have this sense in us that professional doctors and psychologists call INTUITION.  It's that sense deep within YOU when YOU know that YOUR child is sick.  Or when YOU know that someone is going to call YOU.  Or when someone has died.  This INTUITION is also what the MESSENGER uses to point the direction that YOU should be living.  Or should be sharing with another person.  An example of  this would be: 
When I was seventeen, I had this overwhelming feeling to write my Dad a letter.  My parent's had been separated for many years.  My mother and I lived in so many places not associated with the mainland of the U.S.  Then we moved back to the east coast.  I felt that I needed to write my Dad a letter to let him know that we were closer than what we were before.  I told my mother this feeling.  I knew I had to write this letter.  But my mother said no that we would see him this summer when school got out.  So in my head I dictated the letter and prayed of what to do.  Do I write it and send it or wait?  I felt I had to send this letter by mail and yet, I couldn't disobey my mother, after all, she was looking out for my best interest.  Doing the latter, I didn't send that letter.  The MESSENGER still sent me promptings that I would just shake them off -- I will see him during the summer.  A few months later, we got the dreaded late night phone call.  The kind that noone wants to get because something bad must have happened.  It was like that.  My Dad had died.  In my heart I knew that I needed to write that letter, and if I did, maybe things would have turned out so different.
Since then I have learned to heed to the MESSENGER to the best of my ability and living situation I had been in.  It has taken many years to learn this.  It hasn't been easy.  Sometimes when you ingnore the MESSENGER, he gives YOU a wake up call or YOU get so sick and depressed.


The MESSENGER uses different means of communication to us.  Now that we have internet, he uses this too.  I have learned to listen to my INTUITION.  These communications come to us in the forms of feelings, dreams and visions, thoughts, sights, sounds, nature and people and the Bible.

The MESSENGER is used by the LORD to tell us, show us what HIS will is for us or someone else.  Here are some biblical examples:

God's Vision for Solomon's Kingdom and Temple: 
1 Chronicles 28:9-12 states, "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. Consider now, for the LORD has chosen you to build a temple as a sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.  Then David gave his son Solomon the plans for the portico of the temple, its buildings, its storerooms, its upper parts, its inner rooms and the place of atonement. He gave him the plans of all that the Spirit had put in his mind for the courts of the temple of the LORD and all the surrounding rooms, for the treasuries of the temple of God and for the treasuries for the dedicated things."

Sharing with a Person:
Acts 8:29-31 states, "The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it." Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him."
Dreams and Dream Interpretation for both Believers and Non-Believers
Genesis 41:15-16, "Pharaoh said to Joseph, "I had a dream, and no one can interpret it. But I have heard it said of you that when you hear a dream you can interpret it." "I cannot do it," Joseph replied to Pharaoh, "but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires."
Warnings:
2 Chronicles 24:20, "Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest. He stood before the people and said, "This is what God says: 'Why do you disobey the LORD's commands? You will not prosper. Because you have forsaken the LORD, he has forsaken you.'"
Give God's Blessings and to Foretell Future Events
Luke 1:66-80 states, "Everyone who heard this wondered about it, asking, "What then is this child going to be?" For the Lord's hand was with him.  Zechariah's Song:  His father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied:
"Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people.  He has raised up a horn[a] of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago), salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us—to show mercy to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant, the oath he swore to our father Abraham: to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.  And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace." And the child grew and became strong in spirit; and he lived in the desert until he appeared publicly to Israel."
Once YOU have learn to recognize the MESSENGER, YOU need to learn how to discern if the MESSENGER is the one prompting YOU or if it's from satan or YOURSELF.  One of the ways to do this is to test the MESSENGER.  Sending up a prayer to the LORD.  When I ask for the answer by asking the LORD to reveal HIMSELF to me, so that I know it is from HIM and not myself.  I become aware of my surroundings, the people I encounter, the things I watch and listen to, and I let the LORD reveal HIMSELF to me.  YOU willl also know if the MESSENGER is prompting YOU, because HE just doesn't leave YOU alone.  Sometimes that feeling or INTUITION gets stronger and YOU can't shake if from YOURSELF.  Allow YOURSELF and YOUR spirit to follow what is leading YOU.  Ask a fellow PRAYER WARRIOR to pray with YOU.  Give YOURSELF some time to reflect and wait.


Journal the INTUITION that YOU are experiencing.  This is another tool that YOU can use to see what the LORD is revealing HIMSELF to YOU.  Document everything.  Even if it seems silly and far-fetched.  The MESSENGER can be prompting YOU.  Allow YOUR HEART to heed to the MESSENGER.

CHALLENGE: 
1.  As YOU take the time to journal these promptings and nudgings, ask YOURSELF what the LORD is telling YOU.  What are YOU experiencing in YOUR daily life that may need to heed to these promptings?  Who is it that these promptings are intended for?  You?  Family?  Friends? or another person that the LORD is leading YOU to share with them?  What is the LORD teaching or training YOU for?  Write everything down, date them, and list how YOU are feeling too.  YOU may be surprised to find out that certain physical conditions that YOU may be experiencing are promptings from the Holy Spirit.

2.  Write down three more qualities about YOU that YOU like the most.  These could be physical features or maybe how YOU relate to people.  If YOU don't know ask a friend what is it about YOU that they like about YOU.

In Christ's Enduring Love,

~ Lynn

~Photos by in_love_with_kreation

No comments: